Today was a pretty small news day for Apple . In part, because the announcements were largely iterations on existing products. But, also because the rumors about Apple’s hardware getting smaller were indeed true. The most notable downsized-device was the iPhone SE (watch our hands on here) but for designers, artist, or just fans of the Apple Pencil, the new smaller iPad Pro was a happy addition to the Apple family.
While at the event today, TechCrunch Editor-In-Chief, Matthew Panzarino, got some hands on time with new iPad Pro. Here’s what you need to know about it:
- The new iPad Pro has 9.7” screen compared to the previous 12.9” version.
- It has comparable insides to the larger Pro with a few additions.
- A True Tone screen uses four sensors to adjust the color of the screen to the ambient light.
- The new iPad Pro has the lowest reflectivity and brightest display of any iPad.
- It supports ‘Hey Siri’ and is compatible with the new Apple Pencil.
- The smart connector adds power and data connectivity to its new keyboard.
- Apple anticipates that this smaller, more portable option will be the future of computing.
- The new iPad Pro comes in four colors: silver, gold, space gray and rose gold.
- Price starts at $599 and goes up to $899 for the new 256gb version.
Watch the video above for a rundown of the new small-in-size, but power-packed features of the 9.7” iPad Pro.