Today was a pretty small news day for Apple. In part, because the announcements were largely iterations on existing products. But, also because the rumors about Apple’s hardware getting smaller were indeed true. The most notable downsized-device was the iPhone SE (watch our hands on here) but for designers, artist, or just fans of the Apple Pencil, the new smaller iPad Pro was a happy addition to the Apple family.
While at the event today, TechCrunch Editor-In-Chief, Matthew Panzarino, got some hands on time with new iPad Pro. Here’s what you need to know about it:
- The new iPad Pro has 9.7” screen compared to the previous 12.9” version.
- It has comparable insides to the larger Pro with a few additions.
- A True Tone screen uses four sensors to adjust the color of the screen to the ambient light.
- The new iPad Pro has the lowest reflectivity and brightest display of any iPad.
- It supports ‘Hey Siri’ and is compatible with the new Apple Pencil.
- The smart connector adds power and data connectivity to its new keyboard.
- Apple anticipates that this smaller, more portable option will be the future of computing.
- The new iPad Pro comes in four colors: silver, gold, space gray and rose gold.
- Price starts at $599 and goes up to $899 for the new 256gb version.
Watch the video above for a rundown of the new small-in-size, but power-packed features of the 9.7” iPad Pro.