TechCrunch has published thousands of blog posts over its nearly 5 and a half years. Many are good one-day stories, some we’d like to forget, but others are gems. These classics are just as interesting today as when they were first written.
But try discovering them. It’s nearly impossible. That’s one of the downsides of a reverse chronology blog.
There is a solution. Presenting TechCrunch Classics. A page that will keep an updated list of memorable and favorite posts. The page will live at: techcrunch.com/classics.
Our new corporate overlords (er, AOL) are starting to bring us first-time TechCrunch readers. This should be a good introduction for our newbies. It should be a good resource for our long-time readers as well.
Below is a copy of the current page.
- Are You A Pirate
- The Morality and Effectiveness of Process Journalism
- Are We Kingmakers or Prognosticators
- Why Doesn’t Facebook Look Like This?
- Ok You Luddites, Time To Chill Out On Facebook Over Privacy
- Top Ten Things You Can Do To Get Blogged
- Twitter! (400+ comments)
- Best. Comment. Ever.
- Don’t Buy The HTC EVO, It Is A Seriously Flawed Device
- Yep, Apple Killed The CD Today
- Silicon Valley’s Dark Secret: It’s All About Age
- My God, Scoble, Did You Think We Wouldn’t See These?
- Too Few Women In Tech? Stop Blaming The Men
- An iPhone Lover’s Take On The iPhone 4
- So A Blogger Walks Into A Bar…
- Why We Sold TechCrunch To AOL, And Where We Go From Here
- I Can’t Work Under These Conditions
- Carol Bartz To Michael Arrington: “F*ck Off!”
Some of the Stories We’ve Broken
- Google buys YouTube (1st with the parties and price)
- Yahoo’s Offer To Buy Facebook
- Google/Yahoo Search Deal
- Kindle 2 and Kindle 3
- Bebo Getting Acquired
- Cisco Buys Flip
- Scamville: The Social Gaming Ecosystem Of Hell
- Apple Is Growing Rotten To The Core: Official Google Voice App Blocked From App Store
- Google Buys Slide for $182 Million, Getting More Serious about Social Games
- Has Playfish exited to EA for $250m? The VC chatter says yes.
- Disney About To Acquire Playdom
- The Google Set-Top Box (Think Android For TV)
- Large Form iPod Touch To Launch in Fall ’09
- We Know How Many Kindles Amazon Has Sold: 240,000
Michael Arrington’s Favorites
- The Age Of Facebook
- Death To The Embargo
- Silicon Valley Could Use A Downturn Right About Now
- Guest Post: Working With Michael Arrington On A Personal Project
Erick Schonfeld’s Favorites
- Jump Into The Stream
- It’s Time For An Open Database Of Places
- Andreessen’s Advice To Old Media: “Burn The Boats”
- Is Steve Jobs Ignoring History, Or Trying To Rewrite It?
- Who Is The Openest Of Them All?
- We All Live In Public Now. Get Used To It.
- Zuckerberg: “We Are Building A Web Where The Default Is Social”
- Six Months In, And 600 Posts Later . . . The Worlds Of Blogging and Journalism Collide (In My Brain)
MG Siegler’s Favorites
- You Will Be Using FriendFeed In The Future — But It May Be Called Facebook (MG’s first TC post)
- You’re Damn Right I’m A Fanboy.
- It’s As If Apple Has Hired Don Draper
- The Mouse Is Dead. I Just Killed It. Now Can We Move On?
- I Think Facebook Just Seized Control Of The Internet
- Keep It Simple, Stupid
Jason Kincaid’s Favorites
- The Tablet Could Spur A Media Revolution, But It Will Be Out Of Apple’s Hands
- An Android User’s Take On Yesterday’s iPhone News
- Watch Out Foursquare, Facebook is Poised To Dominate Geo
Alexia Tsotsis’s Favorites
- Confirmed: HOPA Dry Erase Girl Is A Hoax, Identity Revealed
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: A Facebook Bill Of Rights
- The Phone Call Is Dead
Paul Carr’s Favorite posts by Sarah Lacy
- SMSONE: Micro-Local News From India To Make Silicon Valley Jealous
- How to Profit off the Poor… and Keep Your Soul
- Village of the Dam
- Memo to Aaron Sorkin: You Invented this Angry Nerd Misogyny Too
Sarah Lacy’s Favorite posts by Paul Carr
- NSFW: Yep, Montblanc Killed my MacBook Pro Today
- NSFW: Bye-Bye Seymour – Like Any Sensible Narcissist, I’m Locking My Twitter Account
- NSFW: Generation Whine – Why I’m Relieved not to be a Millennial
Leena Rao’s Favorites
- GrandCentral To (Finally) Launch As Google Voice. It’s Very, Very Good.
- What Games, Places, Music And News Could Mean For Google Checkout
- As Mobile Advertising Heats Up, Millennial Media Prepares For An IPO In 2011
Mike Butcher’s Favorites
- Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Europa
- Bebo – The Great Rock ‘n’ Roll Swindle? Or AOL’s screw-up?
- #AngelGate in Europe? We should be so lucky
Robin Wauters’s Favorites
- The Death Of “Web 2.0″
- Google Flags Whole Internet As Malware
- Why The Co-Developer Of The World Wide Web Isn’t On Facebook (Video)
Photo credit: Flickr/David Masters