All hail Apple, king of something or other.
Apple now has a higher market valuation than Google. Apple’s went up because of the success of the iPhone (and iPod and iMac), while Google’s went down because of the downturn in online advertising. Blame the economy for that one.
The actual numbers put Apple at $158.8 billion, and Google at $157.2 billion.
One odd sentence from the Guardian: “The iMac and the iPod continue to be firm favourites among laptop computer buyers and music fans.” Since when was the iMac a laptop computer?
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software, Electronics
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google is a multinational corporation that is specialized in internet-related services and products. The company’s product portfolio includes Google Search, which provides users with access to information online; Knowledge Graph that allows users to search for things, people, or places as well as builds systems recognizing speech and understanding natural language; Google Now, which provides information …
- Location Mountain View, CA
- Categories Search Engine, Blogging Platforms, Ad Network, Email, Video Streaming, Software, Information Technology
- Website http://www.google.com/
- Full profile for Google
- Description The iMac is a Brand developed by Apple Inc (Formerly Apple Computer Inc). The Brand encompasses a desktop computers created by Apple.
- Website N/A
- Full profile for iMac
- Description Apple's MP3 player that launch in 2001.
- Website N/A
- Full profile for iPod