Helio today updated the YouTube client for its popular flagship phone, the Ocean. The update uses the same general interface, which is pretty good, and is rumored to be based on the new overall interface.
The new client is faster, noticeably so, and it’s not just the interface; loading and buffering times are zippy indeed.
It’s a free download for all Ocean users, and it the bandwidth is included in monthly all-in packages.
- Founded 2005
- Overview YouTube is a video-sharing website created in February 2005 by three former [PayPal](/company/paypal) employees: [Chad Hurley](/person/chad-hurley), [Steve Chen](/person/steve-chen) and [Jawed Karim](/person/jawed-karim). YouTube enables users to upload, view and share videos. It uses [Adobe Flash](/product/adobe-flash) video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated video …
- Location San Bruno, CA
- Categories Internet, Video, Music
- Website http://www.youtube.com/
- Full profile for YouTube
- Founded 2005
- Overview Helio is a premium mobile service that targets multimedia services for the youth market and runs over a high-speed 3G network. Premium services include MySpace mobile, GPS-enabled Google Maps, GPS-powered Buddy Beacon and downloadable content sharing through "gifting & begging". Helio has retail stores in Santa Monica, San Diego, Palo Alto and Denver. A New York store is opening soon. Helio …
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Categories Mobile
- Website http://www.helio.com
- Full profile for Helio