Ricoh today announced in Japan [JP] that on September 5th, they will replace their R8 digital camera with the R10. The new model will be sold in Japan first for $450. There is no word on release dates and prices for other territories yet.
The R10 comes with the following features:
- 10-megapixel CCD sensor with 7.1x optical zoom
- 3-inch HVGA LCD display
- ISO sensivity between 80 and 1,600
- anti-shake function
- four-person face recognition
- 54 MB internal memory, SD/SDHC support
- USB port
- video recording in 640×480 pixels (30 fps)
The R10 will be available in black, brown and silver. Ricoh plans to produce 50,000 units monthly.