The Famitsu, Japan’s (and maybe the world’s) biggest video game magazine, has tested Zelda Skyward Sword (the newest Zelda game for Wii) in their newest issue. And apparently, they liked what they played: as the first game this year, Zelda Skyward Sword scored a perfect 40/40 score.
The four testers gave away ten out of ten points each, making the Wii title the third in the Zelda series to get a perfect total score. In fact, Ocarina of Time for the N64 was the first game ever to get the 40/40 from Famitsu (in November 1998). Zelda: Wind Waker, which went on sale about four years later on the Gamecube, received the same rating.
In the US, Zelda Skyward Sword will hit stores on November 20.
Here’s a list that shows all titles that have received a perfect score from Famitsu so far:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, for Nintendo 64)
2. Soul Calibur (1999, for Dreamcast)
3. Vagrant Story (2000, for PlayStation)
4. The Legend of Zelda – The Wind Waker (2003, for GameCube)
5. Nintendogs (2005, for the DS)
6. Final Fantasy XII (2006, for PlayStation 2)
7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, for the Wii)
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, for PlayStation 3)
9. 428: Fusasareta Shibuya de (2008, for the Wii)
10. Dragon Quest IX (2009, for the DS)
11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009, for the Wii)
12. Bayonetta (2009, for PlayStation 3/XBox 360)
13. New Super Mario Bros. (2009, for Wii)
14. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010, for PSP)
15. Pokémon Black and White (2010, for Nintendo DS)