WTF

  • NFL, NCAA And UFC Go After Deadspin And SBNation Over Tweeted Vines And GIFs

    NFL, NCAA And UFC Go After Deadspin And SBNation Over Tweeted Vines And GIFs

    Is it #GIFAGEDDON? One of my favorite ways to consume the best parts of sportsball is in animated GIFs and 6-second Vines. I only want to see that big block or that sweet catch, not the crap before and after it. The NFL seems to agree and probably wants to be the only place you can get those GIFs or Vines, because according to numerous reports, the Twitter accounts of two prominent sports… Read More

  • The Dog Ate Our Homework, Google Drive Is Down (UPDATED)

    The Dog Ate Our Homework, Google Drive Is Down (UPDATED)

    UPDATE: All services have returned and a Google spokesperson provided us with the following statement: Google Drive, Docs editors and Classroom have been restored for 99.5% of affected users as of 1:01 PM Pacific, and for the remaining 0.5% of users by 2:10 PM Pacific. During the event, our top priority was to restore service. We are now turning our attention to understanding what caused… Read More

  • WTF
    Alphabet Now Owns abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com

    Alphabet Now Owns abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com

    Since it couldn’t buy ABC.com or Alphabet.com, Google Alphabet has acquired the next best thing. abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com Google announced the structural changes that led to Alphabet back in August, and it just became official. There’s nothing there right now, but Google sure does own it (the record was updated on 10/7/15): According to the completely worthless and… Read More

  • NASA Astronauts Can Already Farm On Mars

    NASA Astronauts Can Already Farm On Mars

    The prospect of conquering the dark and vast expanse of space has fascinated the human mind for a good part of the last century. Perhaps that is why ‘The Martian,’ a film adaptation of Andy Weir’s book about one man’s struggle to survive on Mars, rocketed to the No. 1 spot at the box office this weekend. Read More

  • Use Tinder Or Grindr? This Billboard Suggests Getting Tested For An STD

    Use Tinder Or Grindr? This Billboard Suggests Getting Tested For An STD

    I’d like to point out that there is no scientific evidence saying that just using the apps Tinder or Grindr will cause an STD. However, what happens after using those apps as partially intended may. The site FreeSTDCheck.org and AIDS Health Foundation is leveraging the popularity of these dating apps to get the word out about getting yourself checked out for a sexually transmitted disease. Read More

  • Try To Land The SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket Yourself

    Try To Land The SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket Yourself

    Elon Musk’s SpaceX is trying to launch a spacecraft and have the rockets return safely to Earth…specifically on a floating barge. As it turns out, it’s not that easy. And it costs a lot of money. There’s now a web game that lets you give it a try yourself. Read More

  • ZenPayroll Is Now Gusto, Adds Benefits To Take On Zenefits

    ZenPayroll Is Now Gusto, Adds Benefits To Take On Zenefits

    Payroll startup ZenPayroll changed its name to Gusto today and is moving beyond payroll, into benefits such as health insurance and workers compensation. Sound familiar? We’ve heard that cloud HR benefits company Zenefits plans to roll out a payroll service similar to the startup formerly known as ZenPayroll. Read More

  • Help Us Rename Our ‘Collaborative Consumption’ Category Because It No Longer Makes Sense

    Help Us Rename Our ‘Collaborative Consumption’ Category Because It No Longer Makes Sense

    Halp! For years, TechCrunch has had a “Collaborative Consumption” category, which included companies like Airbnb, Uber, etc. But as time passes, and more and more ‘on-demand’ companies move from 1099 to W2, the term ‘collaborative consumption’ begins to make less and less sense. Internally, we floated the idea of changing the name of that category to… Read More

  1. ...
  2. 3
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...