Barack Obama

  • The POTUS Gets A Facebook Page

    The POTUS Gets A Facebook Page

    Despite the headlines you may see today, President Obama already has a verified Facebook page. It’s this one: facebook.com/barackobama/. Obama launched another Facebook page for himself today, this time the official POTUS Facebook page. “Hello, Facebook! I finally got my very own page,” the President wrote on the page. Confused? So are we, but this is in line with the… Read More

  • The Teenaged Maker Who Was Arrested For Building A Clock Is Moving To Qatar

    The Teenaged Maker Who Was Arrested For Building A Clock Is Moving To Qatar

    Ahmed Mohamed has accepted an offer from the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development where he will join the QF Young Innovators Program. The family announced the move today, some 24 hours after meeting with President Obama at a White House event. Ahmed gained Internet fame last month school officials called the police when he was arrested after bringing a homemade… Read More

  • The White House Backs Down On Phone Encryption

    The White House Backs Down On Phone Encryption

    In a victory for tech firms, the Obama administration will not force firms to breach the security of their products in order to provide information to law enforcement. The decision comes after a year after encryption introduced on iPhones and some Android phones sparked a debate between law enforcement and tech companies over access to phone data. With iOS 8, most data stored on the phone… Read More

  • An Inside Look At The First-Ever White House Demo Day

    Yesterday, President Barack Obama invited 30 companies to the White House (on his birthday, no less) to participate in the first-ever White House Demo Day. The purpose of the event was to accelerate diversity in the U.S. tech sector, and as a supporter of that very goal, TechCrunch showed up to hear what the president had to say. If you want to read our full coverage of the event, check out… Read More

  • The JOBS Act Is Progress But Much Remains To Be Done Crunch Network

    The JOBS Act Is Progress But Much Remains To Be Done

    We’re approaching the third anniversary of the Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act, an omnibus bill of far-reaching financial reforms that was signed into law by President Obama on April 5, 2012. Containing seven Titles, the legislation’s intent was, and is, to create cost-effective access to capital for companies of all sizes. Title II and Title III, the Access to Capital… Read More

  • Andrei Cherny’s ‘Aspiration’ Brings The Investment Tools Of The 1% To The Other 99%

    Andrei Cherny’s ‘Aspiration’ Brings The Investment Tools Of The 1% To The Other 99%

    At 39 years old, Andrey Cherny has advised presidents, consulted with Fortune 100 companies, worked as a state prosecutor, served as a Naval reserve officer, founded a think tank and policy journal, and written a couple of books. Now he’s adding entrepreneur to the list with the launch of Aspiration Partners LLC. Read More

  • How Many More Viral Comedy Videos A Day Will Obama Need To Meet Healthcare Goals?

    How Many More Viral Comedy Videos A Day Will Obama Need To Meet Healthcare Goals?

    President Obama’s hilarious “Between Two Ferns” cameo is on its way to becoming one of the most viral videos in Funny or Die history. It spiked visits to Healthcare.gov an impressive 40%, compared to the day before. Unfortunately, this latest political touchdown was made in the 4th quarter and the White House is still way short of its goal. They are still about 2.8… Read More

  • ObamaCare Gets Price-Comparison Technology On Oct 1

    ObamaCare Gets Price-Comparison Technology On Oct 1

    President Obama just held a blindingly fast press conference on open government, which probably left most citizens scratching their heads in confusion over one of his geekier executive obsessions. The most important point is that citizens will be able to comparison-shop the costs and features of health-care plans, just like we can now do with flights and car rentals. You can check them out… Read More

  • Barack Obama’s Record-Setting Speech: 52,757 Tweets Per Minute, 9M Total DNC Tweets

    Barack Obama’s Record-Setting Speech: 52,757 Tweets Per Minute, 9M Total DNC Tweets

    The President of the United States of America, Barack Obama, spoke at the Democratic National Convention tonight and broke some Twitter records while he was at it, according to the company. Extra points to Twitter, the site didn’t go down or falter once during the entire speech. Read More

  • President Barack Obama Joins Reddit, Does An AMA

    President Barack Obama Joins Reddit, Does An AMA

    U.S. President Barack Obama is making an unscheduled appearance on Reddit today. Just a few minutes ago, Obama joined Reddit and is scheduled to host an AMA (Reddit slang for “ask me anything”) session starting at 4:30pm ET. Reddit’s moderators have confirmed that this is indeed legit and the questions from Reddit’s users are already coming in at a rapid pace. Obama… Read More

  • Google Will Be The Official Social Platform & Livestream Provider For The 2012 Republican Convention

    Google Will Be The Official Social Platform & Livestream Provider For The 2012 Republican Convention

    The presidential election season in the U.S. is now in full swing and both the Democratic and Republican conventions are just a few months away. Google just announced that it will be the “official social platform and livestream provider” for the Republican convention in Tampa in August. Google promises “a convention without walls” and will use both YouTube and its… Read More