dada

  • Italy's Dada acquires Fueps in move into casual games

    Italy's Dada acquires Fueps in move into casual games

    Italian internet giant Dada.net has acquired 51% of the assets of online gaming startup Fueps in a deal worth €1.36 Millions. Fueps launched in 2008 and grossed over €600k while total ebitda was €750,000 in the red. Seems more of a rescue than an acquisition to me. Dada decided to take over the 51% stake of the company that belonged to RCS Digital. The other 49% is owned by Digital… Read More

  • Modeling The True Value Of Social Networks: 2009 Edition

    Modeling The True Value Of Social Networks: 2009 Edition

    A year ago we modeled out the true value of various social networks based on the idea that users in high-value online advertising markets like Japan, the UK and the U.S. were worth more (financially speaking) than those in lower value online advertising markets. Facebook had recently become the largest worldwide social network in terms of users, but based on our model MySpace was still by far… Read More

  • Modeling The Real Market Value Of Social Networks

    Modeling The Real Market Value Of Social Networks

    Is MySpace worth $3 billion, or $20 billion? It depends on how you value a user. It’s time to start comparing the big global social networks on something other than unique visitors and page views. I believe an effective way to value a particular user is based on the average Internet advertising spend per person in the country they live in. The higher the spend, the more value the… Read More

  • Sony BMG, Dada Start Mega Social Network On Your Mobile Phone

    > I realize this has nothing to do with the story, but Dada reminded me of the popular song by Trio Sony BMG and Dada have joined forces to bring next-generation Web and mobile entertainment services that combine a broad range of music content that includes ringtones, video ringers, games, images, themes, full-length audio tracks and video. Previous offerings by Sony BMG and Dada will act as… Read More