Clearly the most interesting part of Apple’s Q4 earnings call today was a surprise visit by CEO Steve Jobs. Just prior to the Q&A portion of the call, Jobs went into a 5-minute rant about the state of both the smartphone and tablet markets. Notably, he went directly after Google and their “open system” and he laughed off the idea that the iPad will have any real competition. We already have a post on why Jobs thinks “open systems don’t always win“, but below, find the full audio as well, as captured by SAI.
Amazing stuff. Open versus closed, the idea of “open“, fragmentation, tablet price points, etc. Jobs doesn’t mince words here — it’s a must-listen.
- Apple Q4: $20B Revenue, $4B Profits, 3.89M Macs, 14.1M iPhones, 4.19M iPads — All New Records
- Steve Jobs: Apple Has Already Sold Over 250,000 New Apple TVs
- Steve Jobs: “Open Systems Don’t Always Win”
- Steve Jobs: “The iPad Is Clearly Going To Affect Notebook Computers”
- Apple And Google: The Activation Pissing Match Continues