The Top 25 TechCrunch Posts From 2012
Twenty twelve was a big year for tech news. Facebook went public, Instagram was purchased for $1B, and Apple released rehashes of previous products. But that’s just a small sampling.
The list that follows is which stories you, our fantastic readers, read the most throughout the last year in order of their popularity. Some stories are predictably at the top, but others are surprising. A story about Bruce Willis and iTunes ranks higher than the most read post concerning the Apple/Samsung patent trial.
TechCrunch’s top 25 posts ranked in order of pageviews.
- Update: Facebook Confirms No Private Messages Appearing On Timeline. They’re Old Wall Posts.
- Why Pundits And Politicians Hate NYT Election Forecaster Nate Silver
- Day After IPO, Mark Zuckerberg Marries Longtime Girlfriend Priscilla Chan
- Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit Owners
- Facebook Buys Instagram For $1 Billion, Turns Budding Rival Into Its Standalone Photo App
- Apple Officially Reveals The iPhone 5: LTE, 4-Inch Retina Display, New A6 Chip, Lighter Than iPhone 4S
- OS X Mountain Lion: Quick, Familiar, Cheap, And Drenched In iOS Goodness
- GoDaddy Outage Takes Down Millions Of Sites, Anonymous Member Claims Responsibility
- Facebook Targets May 17th For IPO Date
- How To Enable Facebook Timeline Right This Second
- Putting An End To The Biggest Lie On The Internet
- Teenage Sexting Is Becoming The Norm
- #ScratchGate: iPhone 5 Owners Are Discovering Aluminum Is Softer Than Glass
- Bruce Willis Isn’t Suing Apple Over iTunes Music Ownership Rights
- Zynga Just Shut Down Boston Office, Laid Off 100+ Employees From The Ville And Bingo Teams In Austin
- Apple Awarded $1.049 Billion In Damages As Jury Finds Samsung Infringed On Design And Software Patents
- Court Rules Software Not Protected By Fed Crime Laws, Overturns Conviction of Goldman Engineer
- Watch Voting Machine Change Obama Votes To Romney Votes
- Lit Motors Will Shake Up The Electric Vehicle Market With Its Two-Wheeled, Untippable C-1
- The 20 Best iOS And Android Apps Of 2012 (So Far)
- Just In Time For A Facebook IPO Tax Break, Eduardo Saverin Renounces U.S. Citizenship
- The Top 30 Android Apps And Games Of 2011
- Tim Cook Apologizes For Apple Maps, Points To Competitive Alternatives
- Facebook Files For $5 Billion IPO
- Samsung Galaxy S III Review: This Is The Phone You’ve Been Waiting For
But enough with 2012. Raise your glasses. Here’s to 2013. May startups avoid the Series A crunch, Randi Zuckerberg figure out Facebook’s photo sharing and something fucking entertains Arrington.