Nokia has apparently reinvented zoom with the newest addition to the Lumia family, the Windows Phone 8-powered Lumia 1020, with a 41-megapixel PureView camera. It lets you zoom after the fact and still see ultra high resolution detail and sharpness. Meanwhile, Microsoft underwent a huge reorganization moving most of the company’s high-ranking leadership into new positions.
Is the Lumia 1020 worthy of its $299 price tag? Are we excited Microsoft is streamlining its leadership and services?
We discuss all this and more on this week’s TechCrunch Gadgets Podcast, featuring John Biggs, Jordan Crook, Chris Velazco, and Natasha Lomas.
We invite you to enjoy our weekly podcasts every Friday at 3pm Eastern and noon Pacific.
Intro Music by Rick Barr.
- Founded April 1974
- Ticker NASDAQ:MSFT
- Overview Microsoft is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are Xbox game console and the Microsoft …
- Founders Bill Gates, Scott Armanini, Bala Vishwanath, Keith Kegley
- Website http://www.microsoft.com
- Full profile for Microsoft
- Founded 1865
- Ticker NYSE:NOK
- Overview NOKIA is a Finnish multinational communications corporation. It is primarily engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices and in converging Internet and communications industries. They make a wide range of mobile devices with services and software that enable people to experience music, navigation, video, television, imaging, games, business mobility and more. Nokia is the owner of Symbian operation …
- Website http://nokia.com
- Full profile for Nokia
Latest headlines delivered to you daily