We’ve received yet another bit of evidence confirming the next iPhone’s September 21 launch. According to an AT&T sales rep, AT&T staff has been given a vacation blackout from September 21 to September 30, just like Verizon employees. Our source also mentioned that blue carrier employees are undergoing training for an “iconic release.”
Sounds like the next-gen iPhone to me.
BGR earlier reported that AT&T employees were given a vacation blackout in the third or fourth week of September through early October.
We then confirmed that Verizon’s vacation blackout begins September 21, firming up the notion that Apple would release the iPhone that Friday, a week and a half after the phone’s debut, expected September 12.
This information essentially seals the deal save for an official word from Apple. So along with International Peace Day, World Gratitude Day, and Mini Golf Day, mark down September 21 in your calendar. It’ll be a big day.
Update: An AT&T spokesperson has reached out to say that there is no vacation blackout scheduled for this time.
- Founded April 1976
- Ticker NASDAQ:AAPL
- Overview Apple is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Cupertino, California that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software and personal computers. It was founded by Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne and Steve Wozniak. Some of Apple’s best-known hardware products are the Mac line of computers, the iPod music player, the iPhone smartphone, and the iPad tablet computer. …
- Founders Armas Clifford Markkula, Jr
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description Apple’s iPhone was introduced at MacWorld in January 2007 and officially went on sale June 29, 2007, selling 146,000 units within the first weekend of launch. The phone has been hailed as revolutionary with its bundle of advanced mobile web browsing, music and video playback, and touch screen controls. The iPhone is exclusively carried on the networks of both AT&T and Verizon in the U.S. An iPhone …
- Company Apple
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone
Latest headlines delivered to you daily