Amid the abundance of nearly indistinguishable Android tablets out there right now, we’re actually excited for Sony’s S1 and S2 tablets, which have interesting form factors and a Playstation pedigree. In April we heard they’d be getting a global release “this fall,” and that appears to be true, as Engadget has received information that the tablets would be available for pre-orders in August and ship by late September, at least in Europe.
A little late to the game, but that’s always been the Sony Style, hasn’t it?
- Description Android is a software platform for mobile devices based on the Linux operating system and developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance. It allows developers to write managed code in Java that utilizes Google-developed software libraries, but does not support programs developed in native code. The unveiling of the Android platform on 5 November 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open …
- Website http://code.google.com/android
- Full profile for Android
- Founded 1946
- Overview Sony Corp is a multinational conglomerate corporation that designs and develops electronic equipment, instruments, and devices for consumer, professional, and industrial markets. The company’s product portfolio includes LCD televisions, audio systems, Blu-ray disc players, memory-based audio devices, personal computers, interchangeable single-lens cameras, mobile phones, tablets, accessories, applications, …
- Location Tokyo, Tokyo
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.sony.net/
- Full profile for Sony Corp