If I didn’t know better, I might think that the Zune team was trying to create a buzz. The ZuneHD peek-a-boo show continues, with some rather drool-inducing specs being thrown around. Apparently Microsoft has confirmed a few, probably by not saying they won’t be in the unannounced device. Off the record. But anyway, Tegra? Check. OLED? Check. Xbox 360 integration? Maybe-check.
Here’s what the latest rumors are putting inside this cryptogadget:
- OLED touchscreen ~3.6 inches (very sharp, maybe even 720p?)
- Nvidia Tegra chipset (probably a better version of what powered this thing)
- HDMI out, Wi-Fi, and of course probably USB
- HD radio (that would be nice)
- Flash and HDD flavors, from 4GB to 120GB
- Limited edition sexy dock
- Camera (doubt it)
- Xbox integration (would be nice)
- Windows Mobile 7-ish interface?
It sounds a bit like a wish list to me, but if Microsoft really wanted to change the game, this would be a hell of a device. The idea is that it’d going to get a big-ass debut late this Fall, internationally.
But will it ship with a clock?