Happy mid-summer Monday! To counterbalance the sudden burst of warmth that’s (finally) hitting Europe and is probably making all of you a little less focused on work, we are throwing all you European startups out there some super cool news: we’re extending the deadline to apply for the Startup Battlefield for Disrupt Europe, taking place in Berlin October 26-29.
The new deadline is July 31.
For those of you currently doing your very best imitations of this flame-point Siamese cat, here’s a rundown of what the Startup Battlefield is:
- This is our homegrown, well-known competition for early-stage startups, and it runs alongside our Disrupt conference. Disrupt highlights some of the biggest successes in tech, and as a counterpart, the Battlefield is our way of showing what’s going to be hot in the future.
- There will be 30 of you selected from the online application stage. (And again, the deadline, in case you really are a cat, is July 31.)
- Those selected as finalists from the online application stage get many good things.
- First and foremost, you get to pitch your startup baby in front of a panel of top VCs and other founders, along with our in-person and online audiences filled with other important people.
- Those in the final round (there are two) during Disrupt, get to present a second time.
- You also get coverage and loving attention from TC as part of this. That exposure can go a long way to finding customers, business partners, funding and possibly acquirers but more immediately, the winner gets a $50,000 prize.
This October will be the first time that we are putting on Disrupt in Europe and we are working hard to use the platform to really celebrate the best of what this part of the world is doing in tech. So if you are a European startup that thinks you should be a part of this story, please do apply to be in the Battlefield.
Here are a few other practical tips for the application process:
- We review applications on a rolling basis, so it’s to your advantage to submit as soon as you can.
- Due to strong demand, it’s unlikely that we will review applications more than once, so please don’t submit a draft application before you are ready.
- All submissions are confidential unless otherwise permitted by applicants on the application form.
- PowerPoint slides and video demos are optional but highly encouraged. Show, don’t tell. We reserve the right not to review applications without video demos based on application volume.
We are looking forward to seeing your applications — and having you try out the latest in pet tech in Berlin.
Our sponsors help make Disrupt happen. If you are interested in learning more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact our sponsorship team here firstname.lastname@example.org.