We’ve heard for a while now that Cisco plans to put out a Flip camera with wi-fi built in, but so far the rumors haven’t produced an actual product. Until now.
The FCC has taken a gander at a new digital video camera from Cisco that has 802.11a/b/g/n support. The confidentiality request asks that setup photos remain confidential May 1st, so I’m guessing that’s when they’re going official with it. Not much beyond this, but I’d say we’re looking at the real thing here.
[via Wireless Goodness]
- Founded 1984
- Overview Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. At Cisco customers come first and an integral part of our DNA is creating long-lasting customer partnerships and working with them to identify their needs and provide solutions that support their success. …
- Location San Jose, CA
- Categories Hardware, Software, Communications Infrastructure
- Website http://www.cisco.com
- Full profile for Cisco
- Founded 2010
- Overview Filip is the world’s first smart locator and phone for kids - designed to keep families in touch. When Sten Kirkbak lost his 3-year old son Filip for thirty minutes, it inspired the idea for ‘Filip’: a new type of device to keep parents and their young children in touch. After speaking with other parents, it was clear that there was a need for this type of device to help give children the freedom …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Founders Sten Kirkbak
- Website http://myfilip.com
- Full profile for Filip Technologies