The Gillmor Gang — Alexia Tsotsis, Keith Teare, Robert Scoble, Kevin Marks, and Steve Gillmor — kick off the holiday weekend with a primer on cloud politics. Techcrunch co-editor Tsotsis in her maiden appearance in the clubhouse wastes no time putting @scobleizer on the spot, but Robert does a Seinfeld by saying nothing in a revealing way.
Then we’re off to the land of Beats and Minecraft, where the kids ignore the networks and get their kicks from Netflix, Instagram and Philip DeFranco. Google Glass gets no respect and Wearables are top of mind but a rounding error in the face of the looming iPhone Godzilla.
@stevegillmor, @Alexia, @Scoblizer, @kevinmarks, @kteare
Produced and directed by Tina Chase Gillmor @tinagillmor
- Bio J. Michael Arrington is a serial entrepreneur and the founder of TechCrunch, a blog that covers startups and technology news. Arrington was born in March 13, 1970. Born in Huntington Beach, California, Arrington grew up in Huntington Beach, California and Surrey, England. He attended the University of California, Berkeley and graduated from Claremont McKenna College with a major in economics. In …
- Full profile for Michael Arrington
- Founded 1997
- Overview Netflix is an online television network that is engaged in the internet delivery of TV shows and movies directly on TVs, computers, and mobile devices in the United States and internationally. It provides its services under three segments: international streaming, domestic streaming, and domestic DVD. The network enables members to access and view more than one billion hours of TV shows and movies …
- Location Los Gatos, California
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Entertainment, Games
- Founders Reed Hastings
- Website http://www.netflix.com
- Full profile for Netflix
- Founded 1998
- Overview Rackspace provides hybrid clouds that enable businesses to run their workload in a public or private cloud. The Rackspace Cloud is based on OpenStack, which is a global collaboration of developers and cloud computing technologists producing the ubiquitous open source cloud computing platform for public and private clouds.
- Location San Antonio, Texas
- Categories Cloud Computing, Software, IaaS
- Founders Graham Weston, Pat Condon
- Website http://www.rackspace.com
- Full profile for Rackspace