The Gillmor Gang — John Borthwick, Dan Farber, John Taschek, Robert Scoble, Keith Teare, and Steve Gillmor — celebrated Office for iPad’s 12 million in sales and who knows in real traction i.e. subscriptions. The Amazon Fire debuted to shouts of thin and expensive, but surely what we need is a builtin HDMI switcher.
Letterman’s retirement announcement hit some of us like a ton of bricks and memories of hanging with Paul and the band. An era is ending for sure. Meanwhile, we’ll look back at these good old days where word processors hooked into the message bus.
Note: audio on the quiet side; sorry.
@stevegillmor, @borthwick, @scobleizer, @kteare, @dbfarber, @jtaschek
Produced and directed by Tina Chase Gillmor @tinagillmor
- Bio Dan Farber was named Editor-in-Chief of CBSNews.com in Dec. 2008. Prior to CBS News he was Editor-in-Chief of [CNET](http://www.crunchbase.com/company/cnetnetworks)'s News.com in [February 2008](http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/19/cnet-changes-quarterbacks-dan-farber-takes-over-as-editor-in-chief/). Previously he was vice-president of editorial at CNET Networks and editor in chief of ZDNet. Dan has …
- Full profile for Dan Farber
- Bio John Borthwick is CEO and co-founder of betaworks, a company that builds and invests in essential products driven by data and the social world. Prior to launching betaworks, John was CEO of Fotolog, and prior to that he was SVP of Technology and Alliances at Time Warner. He arrived at Time Warner — AOL — in early 1997 when they acquired WP Studio, which he started back in 1994. WP Studio was …
- Full profile for John Borthwick
- Bio John Taschek is vice president of strategy at salesforce.com. He is responsible for corporate product strategy, corporate intelligence and market influence. Taschek came to company in 2003, bringing over 20 years of technology evaluation experience. Taschek currently is also the editorial director for CloudBlog - an independent blog run as an adjunct to salesforce.com's web properties. He occasionally …
- Full profile for John Taschek
- Bio Keith Teare is the CEO and founder of just.me Inc and a Founder at the Palo Alto incubator, Archimedes Labs. Teare has a track record as a serial entrepreneur with big ideas and has achieved significant returns for investors. History (a) The EasyNet Group: Founded in 1994 as one of the first ISP's in Europe, Teare was CTO and co-founder. It went public on the AIM exchange in London in 1996 and …
- Full profile for Keith Teare
- Bio Robert Scoble is an American blogger, technical evangelist, and author. He is best known for his popular blog, [Scobleizer](http://scobleizer.com/), which came to prominence during his tenure as a technical evangelist at [Microsoft](/company/microsoft). Scoble joined Microsoft in 2003, and although he often promoted Microsoft products like Tablet PCs and Windows Vista, he also frequently criticized …
- Full profile for Robert Scoble
- Bio Steve Gillmor is a technology commentator, editor, and producer in the enterprise technology space. He is Head of Technical Media Strategy at salesforce.com and a TechCrunch contributing editor. Gillmor previously worked with leading musical artists including Paul Butterfield, David Sanborn, and members of The Band after an early career as a record producer and filmmaker with Columbia Records' Firesign …
- Full profile for Steve Gillmor
Latest headlines delivered to you daily