Dell had an event this week, which is in itself noteworthy regardless of what they launch, but it turns out there were Android tablets there! We talk about those for a while, as well as the Elliptic Labs ultrasound gesture control SDK, Android in the Car, Amazon’s four-camera phone plans, and briefly the Kindle Fire HDX.
This week on the show prodigal son Chris Velazco returns from his many travels (we held the podcast a whole day to make sure he could come), and we’re joined by Natasha Lomas as well. I nearly forgot to mention that we also chat briefly about BBM for Android, and it must be forgettable because BlackBerry itself seems to have forgotten about it as well.
We invite you to enjoy weekly Android podcasts every Wednesday (or Thursday this week) at 5:30 p.m. Eastern and 2:30 p.m. Pacific, in addition to our weekly Gadgets podcast at 3 p.m. Eastern and noon Pacific on Fridays. Subscribe to the TechCrunch Droidcast in iTunes, too, if that’s your fancy.
Intro music by Kris Keyser.
Direct download available here.
- Founded 1994
- Ticker NASDAQ:AMZN
- Overview Amazon.com is an American international e-commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United States. Founded in 1994, it is the world’s largest online retailer. Jeff Bezos incorporated the company (as Cadabra) in July 1994 and the site went online as Amazon.com in 1995. The company was renamed after the Amazon River, one of the largest rivers in the world, which in turn was named …
- Founders Jeff Bezos, Thorne Sparkman
- Website http://amazon.com
- Full profile for Amazon
- Founded 1984
- Ticker NASDAQ:BBRY
- Overview BlackBerry (formerly Research in Motion) is a Canadian designer, manufacturer and marketer of wireless devices and solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The company is best known as the developer of the BlackBerry smart phone. Blackberry technology also enables a broad array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services with wireless connectivity …
- Founders Douglas Fregin, Mike Lazaridis
- Website http://us.blackberry.com
- Full profile for Blackberry
- Founded 1984
- Ticker NASDAQ:DELL
- Overview Dell is an end-to-end solutions provider that has evolved from a PC manufacturer to an enterprise IT solutions partner with servers, storage, networking,software and services that enable customers to drive results, create competitive advantage and expand their opportunities.
- Founders Scott Eckert
- Website http://www.dell.com
- Full profile for Dell
- Founded September 1998
- Ticker NASDAQ:GOOG
- Overview Google provides search and advertising services, which together aim to organize and monetize the world’s information. In addition to its dominant search engine, it offers a plethora of online tools and platforms including: Gmail, Maps, YouTube, and Google+, the company’s extension into the social space. Most of its Web-based products are free, funded by Google’s highly integrated online advertising …
- Founders Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Website http://google.com
- AngelList Page
- Full profile for Google
Latest headlines delivered to you daily