The Gillmor Gang — Doc Searls, Robert Scoble, Kevin Marks, and Steve Gillmor — takes turns sizing up the new season. With Steve Ballmer running out of room and close to the warning track, we talk about who might be called up from the minors. The consensus is that Steve has 18 months to tur n things around. He’s a proud man, though, and may make the big move to Emeritus sooner than too late.
Dave Winer is back with a nifty pivot on Google Reader’s trip to the showers. The Gillmor Gang rode RSS and podcasting to the Big Show, and it’s good to see Dave going even further back to his outliner roots. More than anything, Winer made the hard stuff look easy and gave the tech generation a voice. Today it seems obvious, but Winer, with a little help from his friends, changed the way the game is played. Batter up.
@stevegillmor, @scobleizer, @dsearls, @kevinmarks
Produced and directed by Tina Chase Gillmor @tinagillmor
- Bio In The World is Flat, Thomas L. Friedman calls Doc “one of the most respected technology writers in America.” Searches for Doc on Google tend to bring up piles of results, owing to his work as: Senior Editor of Linux Journal, the premier Linux monthly and one of the world’s leading technology magazines. Co-author of The Cluetrain Manifesto, a book that was Amazon’s #1 sales & marketing bestseller …
- Full profile for Doc Searls
- Current Companies Salesforce
- Bio Kevin Marks is a software engineer. Kevin served as an evangelist for OpenSocial and as a software engineer at Google. In June 2009 he announced his resignation. From September 2003 to January 2007 he was Principal Engineer at Technorati responsible for the spiders that make sense of the web and track millions of blogs daily. He has been inventing and innovating for over 17 years in emerging technologies …
- Full profile for Kevin Marks
- Current Companies Building43
- Bio Robert Scoble is an American blogger, technical evangelist, and author. He is best known for his popular blog, Scobleizer, which came to prominence during his tenure as a technical evangelist at Microsoft. Scoble joined Microsoft in 2003, and although he often promoted Microsoft products like Tablet PCs and Windows Vista, he also frequently criticized his own employer and praised its competitors …
- Full profile for Robert Scoble
- Current Companies Gillmor Gang, TechCrunch
- Bio Steve Gillmor is a technology commentator, editor, and producer in the enterprise technology space. He is Head of Technical Media Strategy at salesforce.com and a TechCrunch contributing editor. Gillmor previously worked with leading musical artists including Paul Butterfield, David Sanborn, and members of The Band after an early career as a record producer and filmmaker with Columbia Records’ Firesign …
- Full profile for Steve Gillmor
Latest headlines delivered to you daily