Here’s what we know now: Instagram was never going to “sell” your photos, but it may sell access to your data in the future, making it available to be displayed as an advertisement on Instagram or Facebook.
We all know that it’s difficult, if not impossible, to make our way through entire legal documents and decipher what it all means for us as users, so companies should really step up and try to do a better job.
- Founded February 2004
- Ticker NASDAQ:FB
- Overview Facebook is the world’s largest social network, with over 1.15 billion monthly active users. Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg in February 2004, initially as an exclusive network for Harvard students. It was a huge hit: in 2 weeks, half of the schools in the Boston area began demanding a Facebook network. Zuckerberg immediately recruited his friends Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes, and Eduardo …
- Founders Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Chris Hughes, Dustin Moskovitz
- Website http://facebook.com
- Full profile for Facebook
- Founded March 2010
- Total Funding $57.5M
- Overview Instagram is a free photo sharing application that allows users to take photos, apply a filter, and share it on the service or a variety of other social networking services, including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Tumblr, Flickr, and Posterous. The application is compatible with iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch or Android devices running Android. In an homage to both the Kodak Instamatic and Polaroid cameras, …
- Founders Kevin Systrom, Mike Krieger
- Website http://instagram.com
- Full profile for Instagram
Latest headlines delivered to you daily