Last month, we told you about a new service called Circa, which set out to redefine the way that you consume news on your iOS device. The app itself is beautifully designed and was based off of an idea that Ben Huh had and then shared with Matt Galligan. Galligan took the idea and ran with it.
Right now, Circa finds itself uniquely positioned in the news cycle for Hurricane Sandy and the upcoming Presidential election in a way that no other service is. Basically, this is the moment that you’re either going to fall in love with Circa, or figure out that it’s not for you.
I sat down with Galligan in our studio today to discuss how things have been going, where things will head in the future and how his service handles the avalanche of news to parse for its users with a human editorial staff.
- Founded December 2011
- Total Funding $3.41M
- Overview More and more people are relying on mobile as their primary source of news yet the content itself continues to be produced in a format that translates very poorly to mobile devices. Rather than trying to shoehorn existing content into a new environment, Circa is creating the first born-on-mobile news experience. It will deliver news in a unique format – native to mobile devices with an experience …
- Website http://cir.ca
- AngelList Page | Hiring: Lead Designer, Senior iOS Engineer
- Full profile for Circa
- Current Companies Circa, 1% of Nothing, Techstars, Metrognome, Untappd, Memoir
- Bio Matt Galligan is an entrepreneur living in San Francisco and is the CEO and Co-founder of Circa. He co-founded the company alongside Ben Huh and Arsenio Santos in 2011. Circa is developing a new kind of news experience designed for mobile devices. The company is launching October 2012. Prior to founding Circa, Matt founded two other companies. In 2007, he co-founded and was the CEO of Socialthing, …
- Full profile for Matt Galligan
Latest headlines delivered to you daily