StartX, The Startup Accelerator For Stanford Students, Kicks Off Its Summer 2012 Demo Day
StartX, the startup accelerator for companies founded by Stanford students, just kicked off Demo Day for its Summer 2012 startup class at AOL’s Silicon Valley headquarters in Palo Alto this evening. The non-profit program, which recently landed an $800,000 grant from the Kauffman Foundation, was launched in 2010 to give entrepreneurially-minded Stanford University students the tools and mentorship needed to turn their business ambitions into reality.
18 startups are on deck to present this evening, both on and off the record, across StartX’s standard program and its recently launched medical track StartX Med. TechCrunch will be taking a look at all of them as they give their pitches, and we’ll follow up afterward with more analysis and a run down of our favorites (if you couldn’t make it to Palo Alto in person, you can watch the pitches via Livestream here.)
For now, here is the list of the StartX Summer 2012 startups that will be presenting on the record this evening, along with the descriptions provided in the Demo Day program:
- DermLink.md: Secure web/mobile app enabling remote diagnosis of dermatology issues, dramatically reducing wait times for consumers while increasing revenues for dermatologists.
- Knotch: Knotch is a fun and easy way to express your opinion. In color.
- CloudLeaps: CloudLeaps reveals and improves collaboration by enabling teams to visualize the relationships between their information in real-time.
- LawGives: Find the legal help you can trust.
- Addy: Addy is a simple, convenient way for people to share locations using a custom URL.
- Xola: Xola.com is the OpenTable for travel. It is an online booking platform that helps guides operate and grow their businesses.
- ClearEar: Cost-effective total ear care system that seeks to expand patient access and improve quality of ear care for the over 350M patients in need worldwide.
- Veebot: Automated Venipuncture Solutions.
- Ballers Bridge: A web-based sports community that allows athletes to create a professional profile to market themselves globally.
- Athena: Advancing the state of human knowledge.
- LessThan3: Show off your real-world identity online.
- Pixlee: Pixlee helps companies monetize the explosion of user-generated photos.
- Morpheus: Morpheus has created the first and only non-invasive and accurate diagnostic tool for structural heart disease.
- NuMedii: NuMedii uses its predictive Big Data technology to discover and enable successful development of effective new drugs.
Also, we were on hand for the last StartX Demo Day back in June, and we chatted with StartX’s founder Cameron Teitelman about the program and its future. You can watch that in the video embedded below:
→ Learn more
StartX is a non-profit organization whose mission is to accelerate the development of Stanford’s top entrepreneurs through experiential education.