TechCrunch TV talked to Path co-founder and CEO Dave Morin last week while we were at the South By Southwest Interactive conference in Austin, Texas. It’s always interesting to talk to Morin, who is widely regarded as one of the most well-connected and in-the-know entrepreneurs in today’s web startup landscape.
The first part of our interview (which you can watch in the video embedded above) was dedicated to the latest update to the Path app, version 2.1, which was released earlier this month. Morin also touched on Path’s API strategy — the company has opened its API to its first third-party partner, Nike, and expects to announce more in the months ahead. We also got his thoughts on what Facebook’s IPO will mean for the startup world (Morin was an early Facebook employee before striking out to start a company of his own), his favorite apps of the moment (he is yet another of Highlight’s big-name fans), and Path’s rumored plans to raise another round of funding.
- Current Companies Path, Eventbrite
- Bio Dave is an entrepreneur. He is the Co-Founder and CEO of Path. He co-founded the company with the mission of bringing people closer together through mobile software and services. With a premium experience, award winning design, and social technology Path serves millions of people each month with an award winning, five-star rated experience. Dave has had a lifelong passion for entrepreneurship, technology, …
- Full profile for Dave Morin
- Founded November 2010
- Total Funding $77M
- Overview Path brings people closer together. Guided by the belief that mobile technology will fundamentally change the cultural, social, and economic landscape, Path focuses on simplicity, quality, and privacy to provide the best mobile personal networking service in the world. Path was designed with the people you love, your closest friends and family, in mind. It’s a trusted, intimate environment like your …
- Founders Dustin Mierau, Dave Morin, Shawn Fanning
- Website http://path.com
- Full profile for Path
Latest headlines delivered to you daily