We are two days into Disrupt SF, and 31 startups have battled in front of the judges and an audience of thousands to vie for the Disrupt Cup and $50,000. The caliber of the startups across the board was so strong that seven of them are advancing to the final round.
After tallying up the independent judges’ scores and conferring with the TechCrunch writing staff, Heather Harde and I have selected the following Battlefield companies to present on Wednesday at 3:30 PM PT.
(In the spirit of disclosure, two of the companies, Bitcasa and Prism Skylabs, are CrunchFund investments, but we didn’t hold that against them. Along with the other finalists, the judges scored them the highest. The CrunchFund is Michael Arrington’s new venture fund. He was not involved in the final selection of these companies).
You can watch their first-day demos below. They are (in alphabetical order):
2. Cake Health (post)
3. Farmigo (post)
4. Prism Skylabs (post)
5. Shaker (post)
6. TalkTo (post)
7. Trello (post)
- Founded 2011
- Overview Trello is a free app that makes working on group projects as easy as using sticky notes on your whiteboard. Available on your phone, tablet, and desktop, Trello's drag-and-drop interface and visual way of organizing your tasks makes sure you always know what needs to get done and who's working on it. Whether it's your sales pipeline, new employee training program, a home renovation project, …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Apps, Project Management
- Website http://trello.com
- Full profile for Trello
- Founded 2011
- Overview Prism helps makes sense of a visual world. Its unique cloud service transforms any video camera into a business intelligence tool that can be accessed from any device. Retailers large and small, as well as other customers, use Prism’s platform to remotely audit, manage, and optimize their real-world businesses.
- Location San Francisco, California
- Categories Security, Enterprises, Offline Businesses, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Retail, Video, Enterprise Software
- Founders Ron Palmeri, Stephen (Steve) Russell
- Website http://www.prism.com
- Full profile for Prism Skylabs
- Founded 2010
- Overview Shaker brings social networks to life by allowing people to interact in real time in a shared environment, making the online social experience of hanging out with friends and meeting new people, feel natural finally.
- Location Israel, Asia
- Categories Real Time, Natural Resources, Social Media
- Founders Eldad Abel, Arik Ben-Ari, Jonathan Carse, Gad Maor, Gad Maor, Yehonatan Maor
- Website http://www.atshaker.com
- Full profile for Shaker
- Founded 2009
- Overview Currently operating in New York and San Francisco, Farmigo empowers people to eat better – by creating farm-to-neighborhood access to fresh and affordable food, benefiting local farmers and bypassing local supermarkets. Customers order their produce, meats, seafood, grains and snacks through the Farmigo site, and can pick up their delicious, natural food within 48 hours of harvest. The company is …
- Location Brooklyn, New York
- Categories Green Consumer Goods, Hospitality, Consumer Goods
- Founders Benzi Ronen, Yossi Pik
- Website http://www.farmigo.com
- Full profile for Farmigo