Raboo: Panasonic Japan To Launch Android E-Book Reader/Tablet (Video)
Two weeks ago, during an exhibition in Tokyo, Panasonic showcased an Android-based e-book reader/tablet hybrid without revealing too many details. Fast forward to today, and we have the complete spec list of the device (now named “Raboo”) plus price and availability (in Japan, at least).
First, the specs, as announced [JP] by Panasonic today:
- Android 2.2 OS
- no access to the Android Market (16 apps pre-installed)
- 7-inch LCD screen with 1,024×600 resolution
- XMDF file support
- 8GB internal memory
- microSDHC/SDHC card slots, USB port (no HDMI)
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- 1.3MP web cam
- 500mW×2ch speakers
- DIGA/VIERA link
- battery life up to 6 hours (10.5 hours for music only)
- size: 206×133×13.9mm, weight: 400g
Raboo is short for Rakuten Books (Rakuten, Japan’s country’s biggest e-commerce company, will offer a total of 10,000 e-books for download from the get-go).
Panasonic Japan will start selling the device on August 10 for $445 (don’t expect this highly “Japanized” tablet to be launched anywhere else soon).
This video shows the Raboo in action: