Cell Phone With Integrated Projector To Go On Sale In Japan
Way back in October 2008, we reported about a cell phone that featured a built-in mini projector. The cell phone was showcased by Japan’s biggest mobile carrier, NTT Docomo, as a prototype. But today, the same carrier announced [JP] that such a spectacular handset will finally go on sale in Japan this Friday.
If you’re an avid MobileCrunch reader, you’ll remember we covered the Sharp SH-06C in November as part of Docomo’s winter line-up of new cell phones.
Since then, Sharp has changed the name (from SH-05C to SH-06) and finalized the spec sheet.
The handset will come with the following features:
- DLP projector featuring 9 lumens brightness and 640×360 resolution
- 3.7-inch touchscreen with 480×854 resolution
- 5.1ch Dolby Mobile sound support
- 5.3MP CMOS camera with AF
- OneSeg digital TV tuner
- Blu-ray recorder connectivity
- microSDHC slot (16GB max)
- e-wallet function
- size: 119×59×15.7mm
- weight: 137g