Millions of users of SINA’s microbloging service and Tencent’s massively popular online community QQ (636 million users and counting) will be able to share their location through Nokia mobile devices, check-in to locations and upload content tied to location, such as recommendations and reviews of restaurants, shops and movie theatres.
The first location-based services for SINA and Tencent customers through Ovi Maps are planned to be available during the first quarter of 2011.
Nokia says more than 250 million people (!) are currently using a Nokia device in China.
- Founded 1865
- Overview NOKIA is a Finnish multinational communications corporation. It is primarily engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices, network infrastructure, location-based technologies, and advanced technologies businesses worldwide. It is also engaged in converging internet and communications industries. The company is known for manufacturing a wide range of mobile devices with services and software that …
- Location Helsinki, Southern Finland
- Categories Mobile
- Website http://nokia.com
- Full profile for Nokia
- Description QQ.com is TenCent's main brand, providing a litany of services through its portal. Most widely known for its instant messaging service, QQ also features anti-virus solutions, email, download management, premium services, live video streaming, online dating, and mobile solutions.
- Website N/A
- Full profile for QQ
- Overview Sina is an online media platform that provides its users with access to professional media. Its digital media network of Sina.com (portal), Sina.cn (mobile portal), and Weibo.com (social media), enable internet users to access professional media and user-generated content in multimedia formats from web and mobile devices and share their interests to friends and acquaintances. Sina.cn provides information …
- Location Shanghai, Shanghai
- Categories Curated Web, Internet
- Founders Zhidong Wang
- Website http://sina.com.cn
- Full profile for Sina
- Founded 1998
- Overview Tencent is a Chinese internet service portal offering value-added internet, mobile, telecom, and online advertising services. Since its establishment in 1998, Tencent has maintained steady growth under its user-oriented operating strategies. It provides value-added internet, mobile and telecom services, as well as online advertising under the strategic goal of providing users with "one-stop online …
- Location Shenzhen, Guangdong
- Categories Curated Web, Entertainment, Internet Marketing, Mobile, Internet, Media
- Founders Pony Ma, Yi Dan Chen
- Website http://www.tencent.com
- Full profile for Tencent