Index Seed ‘lead’, Robin Klein of TAG, blogs today that (quoting):
• We have an active investment committee comprising 5 partners who meet weekly to review potential investments. Saul Klein, Neil Rimer, Mike Volpi, Danny Rimer and myself (Robin Klein)
• We are supported by a dedicated Seed Associate, Terrence Rohan, by Alex Gezelius (Associate at Venture – who has been invaluable to us) and by Thai Tran – a brilliant engineer who has been an EIR at Index and has acted as our Technology advisor.
• We have backing from the full Index Partnership as well as the operations team including, Legal and Admin – Nicola, Andre, Sayula, Nina and Pet
• We have reviewed over 750 plans and met with over 250 companies
• We have made 12 seed investments so far in 2010 (5 in London, 3 on the West Coast, 2 in Israel, 1 in Estonia and 1 in New York). Many are still in stealth so will only be announced at a time to suit the company’s needs.
• Amounts invested have ranged from $100k to $1m
• We have a standard seed term sheet, refined and made founder friendly, closing deals at minimal legal cost
• Every investment has been made with fellow travellers including: Chris Sacca, Dave McClure, Quincy Smith, Ariel Poler, Simon Levene, Aydin Senkut, Marten Mickos, Robert Dighero, Stefan Glaenzer, Alex Zubillaga, Jerry Yang, Yaniv Golan, Avichay Nussbaum, Fabrice Grinda, Michael van Swaaij, Seedcamp, Redpoint, First Round Capital, Betaworks, True Ventures, Polaris, Ron Conway, Joi Ito, Matt Cohler
• Together with the other investors interested in supporting the earliest stage businesses like Eden, Notion Capital, Lars Hinrichs at HackFwd, we have actively backed Seedcamp with investment and attendance at events
What they are still working on includes a 3 week turnaround time on feeding back to entrepreneurs.
Update: We’ve since learnt the list of companies invested in this year by Index Seed:
People per Hour
Freejit (still in stealth but announced.
And five other announcements are due soon.