Oh boy, take a look at this. Dell’s apparently porting the whole super slim Adamo idea to its more affordable line of Vostro business machines.
Case in point, the Vostro V13, a soon-to-be-officially-announced 13-inch notebook that’s just 0.65 inches thick and weighs less than 3.5 pounds. Best of all, there’s loose talk that pricing will start at $450. If that turns out to be true, this is going to be interesting to watch develop.
There’s a product page up over on Dell’s Singapore site and here’s a marketing video that finds Dell’s Sam Burd talking about the V13.
According to the product page, specs include the following:
- Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300, Core 2 Solo SU3500, or Celeron 743 processors
- Windows 7, Vista, or Ubuntu
- Up to 4GB of DDR3 RAM
- Intel 4500MHD graphics
- 13.3-inch LED-backlit screen at 1366×768
- 160GB to 320GB SATA hard drive
- Optional external optical drive
- Six-cell battery (not replaceable, unfortunately)
- 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet
No word on when this will launch in the US, but the guy in the video seems to allude to an announcement in the near future. CES is a possibility.