Toshiba announced a new wireless docking port station. It’s designed to provide a connection to a full size keyboard, mouse, and monitor, docking stations previously required users to physically place their laptop or notebook computer on a connection.
The new wireless dock replaces the traditional alternative that required people to buy one specific to their hardware, or to connect via a USB port or a connection typically in the bottom of the notebook or laptop computer. The “Dynadock U” will be available mid-September (so anytime now) from your favorite vendor or directly from Toshiba for $299.99.
From the press release:
IRVINE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the availability of its universal dynadock™ wireless U USB docking station. Toshiba’s next generation of its dynadock™ U, a top selling universal docking station on the Internet, features wireless USB technology that eliminates the need for a cable between the docking station and laptop.
“We designed the dynadock wireless U for universal appeal allowing all laptops to take advantage of its wireless features,” said Michael Cassidy, director, accessory marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “It’s a matter of convenience and consumers can connect peripheral devices quickly and conveniently through an automatic wireless connection between laptops and accessories.”
Additional key product features include:
* Dynamic PC System: The dynadock wireless U acts as a conduit for add-on peripherals like external speakers, keyboard & mouse, monitor, router and other accessories to easily link with the laptop.
* Automatic Connectivity: The dynadock wireless U can be set up to automatically connect to the laptop when within range.
* Data Protection: One touch undock button ensures all peripherals shut down properly when undocking.
* Enhanced Productivity: Six USB 2.0 ports including two front Sleep-and-Charge USB ports that supply power to cell phones, MP3 players and other devices even if your PC is off.
* Multimedia: Integrated Digital Audio card adds high quality 7.1 surround sound.
* High Resolution: HD Digital Video card for connecting to an extra VGA or DVI monitor with up to 1680 x 1050 resolution.
* Dedicated Video Support: Dedicated wireless radio for enhanced video performance.
* Bi-directional Audio Support: Bi-directional ISOCH support for Audio, webcams, microphones and USB speakers.
* Easy Software Installation: Toshiba dynadock Utility software for all video and audio drivers customize the dynadock experience.