I’m beginning to think that this game won’t ever come out. I mean, it’s been more than a year since it was first announced. Anyhoots, here are the latest screenshots and trailer for the upcoming iPhone game from Marc Ecko Entertainment. It’s slated for a late summer release with three additional episodes to follow shortly after. Oh, and there’s an official Dexter iPhone case coming from Speck, too.
Dexter is the killer 3D iPhone game based on the hit Showtime original series. Dexter Morgan, a charming blood spatter analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department, is leading a double life. While helping the Homicide division solve murders, he has a tendency to take the justice system into his own hands: stalking and murdering the guilty.
In the game, help Dexter serve justice and protect his identity while testing your investigative skills. Use stealth tactics to trap your prey, analyze crime scenes, uncover evidence, and choose which brand of justice best suits the situation: the courts or the Dark Passenger. The outcome of every choice and action revolves around the Code of Harry: only kill the guilty, maintain the Mask, and, above all, don’t get caught!
• Based on the first season of the Showtime Emmy Award-winning TV series, Dexter
• Move Dexter in a variety of ways: tilting the iPhone or use the on screen virtual joystick(s)
• Gather evidence, dig up fresh graves, and use Dexter’s forensic expertise with on-screen touch buttons to determine the guilt of his targets
• Interact with other characters and choose Dexter’s responses to their dialogue while maintaining his cover as displayed by the “Mask” meter
• Call the shots as Dexter to decide how to punish criminals: the courts or the “Dark Passenger’
• “Slash” by following the “cut” directions on screen to deliver the final blow to Dexter’s victims
• A variety of forensic-style mini games, including “blood splatter” puzzles
• First cutting edge “PSP-caliber” graphics of its kind to be seen on an iPhone
• Scripted by one of the show’s writers, Timothy Schlattmann
• Voiced by Michael C. Hall himself, the star of Dexter