Just got this email. It’s a bit presumptuous considering the common expectation is that you don’t author your own Wikipedia entry.
Basically Jimmy is asking me to become a fan of his Facebook page but does Jimmy really need fans? And does he have to launch such a personal appeal? He’s a heck of a guy, I’m sure, but what’s in it for me?
- Founded 2004
- Overview Facebook is an online social networking service that allows its users to connect with friends and family as well as make new connections. It provides its users with the ability to create a profile, update information, add images, send friend requests, and accept requests from other users. Its features include status update, photo tagging and sharing, and more. Facebook’s profile structure includes …
- Location Menlo Park, California
- Categories Communities, Colleges, Identity, All Students, Social Media
- Founders Mark Zuckerberg
- Website http://www.facebook.com
- Full profile for Facebook
- Founded 2001
- Overview Wikipedia is an open-source online encyclopedia which provides a database of articles on an extensive range of topics. These topics come under categories such as entertainment, arts, history, prominent personnel, countries, societies, locations, events, science, technology, associations, political science, and more. Wikipedia comes in 247 different versions and is hosted and funded by the Wikimedia …
- Location San Francisco, California
- Categories EdTech, Education
- Founders Jimmy Wales
- Website https://www.wikipedia.org/
- Full profile for Wikipedia