Seagate manager Pete Steege tried to store his Seagate Go 320GB hard drive in ice for 100 days in order to prove that Seagate drives can withstand all manner of torture. Sadly, it didn’t quite make it. When he cut the drive out of his ice rink (!!) he cut the bag which wet the drive.
Plugging it in resulted in a device failure and absolute proof that you shouldn’t drop your drives into freezing pond in early November.
- Founded 1979
- Overview Seagate Technology plc (Seagate) designs, manufactures, markets and sells hard disk drives. Seagate produces a range of disk drive products addressing enterprise applications, where its products are designed for enterprise servers, mainframes and workstations; client compute applications, where its products are designed for desktop and notebook computers, and client non-compute applications, where …
- Location Scotts Valley, California
- Categories Hardware + Software, Technology
- Website http://www.seagate.com
- Full profile for Seagate
- Founded 2013
- Overview Drive is a Paris-based transportation service and application that allows you to order a car in Paris and the suburbs starting at 5 euros. The price is fixed and announced prior to the ride and users book in advance or arrange payment in the car. Drive is easier, faster, cheaper, with easy booking on your mobile application or www.drive.gt. No subscription necessary and no booking fees.
- Location Paris, Ile-de-France
- Categories Public Transportation
- Website http://drive.gt
- Full profile for Drive
- Description The first product, GO, offers GPS based, instant mobile broadcasting. Let the world see life how you do. Use photo and video to catalogue events to your location and watch, in real-time, as the rest of the world does the same. Anywhere something is happening. GO. Features: Find out what’s happening now, whether across the street - or across the globe. Share your posts to existing social networks. Choose …
- Website http://goapp.tv
- Full profile for GO