What’s this? Windows CE and Android running on the same device? Is the universe collapsing into a black hole? Oh noes!
VMWare says it’s in talks with handset manufacturers to offer this sort of virtualization but somehow we doubt we will see this outside of geekland anytime soon. It seems a tad over the head of the average consumer. Still, a great proof of concept and something most of us would love to play with.
- Description Android is a software platform for mobile devices based on the Linux operating system and developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance. It allows developers to write managed code in Java that utilizes Google-developed software libraries, but does not support programs developed in native code. The unveiling of the Android platform on 5 November 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open …
- Website http://code.google.com/android
- Full profile for Android
- Founded 1998
- Overview VMware, Inc. provides virtualization solutions. The company was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. Its virtualization platform products include Player that enables individuals to run virtual machines on their desktops; Fusion, a desktop virtualization product for users of Intel-based Apple Macintosh computers; Workstation for software developers and enterprise IT professionals; …
- Location Palo Alto, California
- Categories Software
- Website http://www.vmware.com
- Full profile for VMware