Just a friendly reminder that CrunchGear will be blogging live from the Amazon.com press conference on Monday, 2/9, at 10am eastern. How great is it going to be? Will Bezos be there? Will it involve Kindle 2s? Will there be dancers? Will it involve something even better and more incredible? We won't know until Monday morning. Here's what we know so far:
- It is an updated version with the same sized screen, a smaller form factor, and an improved interface. The source told us that Amazon has "skipped three or four generations," comparing the old Kindle to the 1st gen iPod and the new version to something like the sexy iPod Mini.
- It's a longer device but not as thick as the original Kindle, and fixes some of the button issues that plague users (like accidental page turns).
- It may have a touchscreen but if it has a color e-ink screen I'll eat my hat, provided said hat is made of cake.
- There may be a new model shaped like an 8 1/2 x 11-inch piece of paper, is considerably bigger than the current model and should be available next year. This one would be for students.
- No word on pricing, but expect something in line with current pricing or less.
- The Kindle 1.0 is essentially being pulled and new new Kindles should ship shortly after announcement.
How excited are you?