Apple announces unibody 17-inch MacBook Pro
At the unibody MacBook event back in October, Apple remained mum on the unibody 17″ MacBook Pro, though hinting that one was in the works.
During today’s Keynote, Schiller made it official.
Here’s what we know so far:
- “Longest lasting battery ever” – up to 8 hours on a single charge, 1000 recharges. The downside? It’s built in.
- Unibody design
- 0.96 inches thin
- 1900×1200 resolution, 700:1 contrast ratio, with a color gamut 60% greater than previous models
- 6.6 pounds
- Anti-glare Matte option available for $50.
- 2.9ghz processor
- Up to 8GB ram
- Geforce 9400m (Up to 8 hours on battery)/Geforce 9600m GT (Up to 7 hours on battery)
- 360GB hard drive, or up to 256GB with solid state drives.
- $2799 gets you a 17-inch LED display, 2.66GHz proc, 4GB of RAM, and a 320GB HDD.
- Shipping “later this month” (January)