HTC MAX 4G: From Russia with WiMax
Still fawning over the HTC Touch HD? Well, meet its bigger, badder brother: the HTC MAX 4G.
Just announced today, HTC’s newest beast is the world’s first GSM/WiMax handset. If you’re thinking to yourself, “Aw man, a GSM/WiMax handset would be pretty much useless in the states”, you’re completely right – and HTC seems to agree. Like the Touch HD, we’ll be missing out on this one. Russia, with their significantly farther along WiMax network, will be the only ones getting it for the time being – no word yet when they’ll actually get it, however.
So what are we missing out on? Check out the specs after the jump.
- Processor: Qualcomm® ESM7206A™ 528 MHz
- Platform: Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
- Memory: ROM: 256MB / RAM: 288MB / Flash: 8 GB
- Dimensions: 113.5mm X 63.1mm X 13.9mm
- Weight: 151 grams (with battery)
- Display: 3.8-inch LCD, w/ 480 x 800 WVGA resolution
- Network: Tri-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE:900/1800/1900 MHz Yota Mobile WiMAX 2,5-2.7 GHz
- TouchFlo 3D UI
- GPS: Internal GPS
- Connections: VoIP, Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth® 2.0 with EDR, HTC ExtUSB™
- Cameras: “High-Resolution” main camera, VGA secondary camera
- Additional: Motion G-sensor (automatically rotating picture), Proximity sensor (saving energy while talking due to the switching the display off), FM-radio
- Audio: Ring tone formats:AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, 40 polyphonic and standard MIDI format 0 and 1 (SMF)/SP MIDI
- Battery: Li-Pol, 1500 mAh
- Talk time: GSM: up to 420 minutes, VoIP: up to 230 minutes
- Standby time: GSM: up to 350 hours, VoIP: up to 50 hours
- AC Adapter: Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz, DC output: 5V and 1A