The kids at GearLog installed a beta copy of Windows 7 on their fresh new MacBook Pro and found that it wasn’t working quite as expected. Most of the functions were working but some of the little tweaks failed.
In fact, multi-touch didn’t work at all and the system couldn’t get online due to some driver problems. They did use Boot Camp so it’s possible that there were a few missing drivers in the install rather than Windows’ fault. Oh well. It’s a beta.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description OS X is Apple's computer operating system, which is pre-loaded on all Apple computers. Mac OS X is a Unix-based operating system, built on technology developed at NeXT between the second half of the 1980s and Apple's purchase of the company in early 1996. It received UNIX 03 certification following its 10.5 version on Intel processors. OS X v 1.0 was released in 1999, with a second, desktop-oriented …
- Website N/A
- Full profile for OS X