Lenovo’s CEO William Amelio told reporters earlier today that his company had no interest in purchasing Dell’s factories. Makes sense considering Dell sold them to cut costs. Amelio went on to say that Lenovo was content with their capacity and that the global economy’s weakness would lead to less spending by tech companies. So that’s that.
- Founded 1984
- Overview Dell is an end-to-end solutions provider that has evolved from a PC manufacturer to an enterprise IT solutions partner with servers, storage, networking,software and services that enable customers to drive results, create competitive advantage and expand their opportunities. Dell was acquired by founder Michael Dell and Silverlake Partners after having gone public in 1988.
- Location Round Rock, Texas
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Founders Michael Dell
- Website http://www.dell.com
- Full profile for Dell
- Founded 1984
- Overview Lenovo Group Limited is a Chinese multinational technology company that sells personal computers, tablet computers, smartphones, workstations, servers, electronic storage devices, IT management software, and smart televisions. In 2012, Lenovo was the world's second-largest personal computer vendor by unit sales. It markets the ThinkPad line of notebook computers and the ThinkCentre line of desktops. Lenovo …
- Location Morrisville, North Carolina
- Categories Hardware
- Founders Chuanzhi Liu
- Website http://www.lenovo.com
- Full profile for Lenovo