“Son of a submariner!”
That’s what we imagine a huge nerd working at Nintendo said when he learned about a lawsuit from Hillcrest Labs. The lawsuit contends that Nintendo is infringing on four of Hillcrest’s patents, three of which are in some way related to the Wii. Worst case scenario, Nintendo would have to stop selling the Wii in the U.S. until it fixes the offending patents.
Yeah, this lawsuit will hold our attention a little longer than most, I bet.
- Founded 1889
- Overview Nintendo is a Japanese multinational consumer electronics company that develops game consoles. The company is engaged in developing, manufacturing, and distributing desktop and portable consoles and other related hardware and software components. It also offers entertainment products such as Family Computer (NES), Super Famicom (SNES), Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wii, and Wii U. Nintendo was …
- Location Kyoto, Kyoto
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Video Games, Games
- Website http://nintendo.com
- Full profile for Nintendo
- Description The Wii is the fifth game console in Nintendo's entertainment system line. The console is the direct successor to the Nintendo GameCube. The Wii has disrupted the Console market outshining competition from Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's playstation 3. The console is distinguished by its wireless remotes which control games by detecting movement and acceleration.
- Website http://wii.nintendo.com
- Full profile for Wii