Putting YouTube on something is like a gang initiation for Valley companies. “Sure,” the others say, “You’ve made a plastic robot dinosaur. But does it have YouTube?”
That said, Series 3 and HD TiVo owners will soon be able to stream YouTube content through the TiVo dashboard. Series 2 owners, however, are out of luck because the H.264 used in the service can’t be added to Series 2 hardware.
TiVo users should notice the update in the next few days as the 9.4 software update hits machines.
- Founded 2005
- Overview YouTube is a video-sharing website created in February 2005 by three former PayPal employees: Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim. YouTube enables users to upload, view and share videos. It uses Adobe Flash video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated video content, including video clips, TV clips, music videos, haber, and amateur content such as video blogging, short …
- Location San Bruno, California
- Categories Online Rental, Entertainment, Video, Games
- Website http://www.youtube.com/
- Full profile for YouTube
- Founded 1997
- Overview Tivo is a brand of digital video recorders (DVRs). Tivo devices provides users with the ability to save television programs for later viewing ("time shifting"), an electronic television programming schedule, and recording options based on that schedule.
- Location Alviso, California
- Categories Television, Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.tivo.com
- Full profile for TiVo