Apple, Inc., manufacturer of the well known line of computers and software, filed suit on July 3 in the federal district court for the northern district of California against Florida company Psystar, Inc. The suit alleges counts for violation of its shrink wrap license, trademark and copyright infringement.
While we love an Apple clone as much as the next guy, I think you’re going to have to brew your own now that Pystar is dying.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Overview [Psystar](http://www.psystar.com) is famous for its "OpenMac" line of Mac clones, which were released in early 2008. The devices are standard PC hardware running a hacked copy of Mac OS X. Psystar sells the machines at a fraction of the price of Apple branded hardware.
- Location Doral, FL
- Categories Consumer Electronics
- Website http://www.psystar.com
- Full profile for Psystar