The iPhone will debut in Japan, one of the world’s biggest telecommunications markets, on July 11th and people here seem to be pretty excited about it already.
In a recent survey on the popularity of smartphones in Japan, 57.9% of all respondents replied they are interested in the Apple model the most. The Blackberry ranked 6th (and last) with just 8.8%.
Details can be found here (in English). The results must be regarded with caution though. The survey was conducted by iShare [JP], the geniuses responsible for last month’s survey on the iPhone’s chances on the Japanese market.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software
- Website http://apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1984
- Overview BlackBerry provides wireless devices and solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. It is widely known for the development of the Blackberry smartphone. It offers the BlackBerry wireless communications platform solution, which includes the commpression and security infrastructure services enabling BlackBerry hand-held wireless devices to send and receive wireless messages and data. …
- Location Waterloo, Ontario
- Categories Hardware + Software, RIM, Wireless, Mobile
- Founders Douglas Fregin
- Website http://us.blackberry.com
- Full profile for BlackBerry
- Description Apple's iPhone was introduced at MacWorld in January 2007 and officially went on sale June 29, 2007, selling 146,000 units within the first weekend of launch. The phone has been hailed as revolutionary with its bundle of advanced mobile web browsing, music and video playback, and touch screen controls. The iPhone is exclusively carried on the networks of both AT&T and Verizon in the U.S. An iPhone …
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone