Celebrated developer BioWare, which recently released Mass Effect for the PC, has admitted that the iPhone is an “intriguing” platform. Naturally, that gives The Internet license to speculate left, right and center that it will be developing games for Apple’s smartphone.
Isn’t BioWare known for long, drawn out Western RPGs? Considering their expertise doesn’t exactly translate to portable, cellphone-based gaming, I’m curious as to what type of game genre it’d attempt for the iPhone.
- Description Apple's iPhone was introduced at MacWorld in January 2007 and officially went on sale June 29, 2007, selling 146,000 units within the first weekend of launch. The phone has been hailed as revolutionary with its bundle of advanced mobile web browsing, music and video playback, and touch screen controls. The iPhone is exclusively carried on the networks of both AT&T and Verizon in the U.S. An iPhone …
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone
- Overview BioWare is a Canadian electronic entertainment company founded in February 1995 by Ray Muzyka, Greg Zeschuk, and Augustine Yip. BioWare specializes in creating computer and console video games and has become famous for highly praised and successful computer role-playing games such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, both of which won multiple awards.
- Location Edmonton, Alberta
- Categories Games
- Founders Ray Muzyka, Greg Zeschuk
- Website http://www.bioware.com
- Full profile for Bioware