BGR, like he usually does, has word from Motorola insiders that a new flagship model is coming and that it will make or break the mobile division. Didn't that already happen? “Alexander” as it's being codenamed comes equipped with an 8-megapixel camera, GPS and few other goodies. Look for it to hit the streets in October. All other purported specs after the jump.
* Originally a 5 megapixel camera, but possibly scrapped since the ZN5 is out. It looks like it's going to be an 8 megapixel camera phone. At least that's what is floating around in the R&D labs…
* The device will have a built-in NVIDIA chip which will handle both video and 3D graphics.
* It will have GPS
* It might possibly be a touch screen but that has not been confirmed to us just yet.
* The phone is rumored to run UIQ as the OS, "probably version 4.0 or higher."
* It's called a "Dark Project" phone because of the secrecy surrounding it.
* Release right now is set for October, but as always, that could change.
* Again, this is said to be Moto's last big attempt at getting back their market share and reclaiming victory. If this doesn't work out, we're told it's all over for them and they will sell the company.