Alltel, the little carrier that could, is in talks with Verizon to merge this year. Verizon is expected to pay eight times Alltel’s EBITDA (“Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization”). How much that is we do not know but it’s definitely more than fifty dollars.
UPDATE – The deal could be about $27 billion, according to Reuters.
- Founded 1983
- Overview Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information and entertainment services. It is a Dow 30 company that employs a diverse workforce of more than 180,000 dedicated employees around the world. It serves mass market, business, government, and wholesale customers by delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication …
- Location New York, NY
- Categories Mobile, Information Technology, Communications Infrastructure
- Website http://www.verizon.com/
- Full profile for Verizon Communications
- Founded 1968
- Overview Alltel is a telecommunications company that provides consumers and businesses with wireless communication services, products, and solutions. The company serves the transportation, retail, insurance, healthcare, construction, and financial services industries. Alltel’s wireless services include wireless voice and data communication services, postpaid and prepaid wireless calling cards, roaming …
- Location Little Rock, AR
- Categories Public Relations
- Website http://www.alltel.com
- Full profile for Alltel