Alltel, the little carrier that could, is in talks with Verizon to merge this year. Verizon is expected to pay eight times Alltel’s EBITDA (“Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization”). How much that is we do not know but it’s definitely more than fifty dollars.
UPDATE – The deal could be about $27 billion, according to Reuters.
- Founded 1983
- Overview Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information and entertainment services. It is a Dow 30 company that employs a diverse workforce of more than 180,000 dedicated employees around the world. It serves mass market, business, government, and wholesale customers by delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Mobile
- Website http://www.verizon.com/?lid=//global//residential
- Full profile for Verizon Communications
- Founded 1968
- Overview Alltel Corporation provides telecommunication solutions. It offers wireless voice and data communication, postpaid and prepaid wireless calling card, roaming and long-distance calling, and data solutions. The company provides text and video messaging digital gaming, radio streaming, Internet access, and emailing services. Additionally, it offers mobile handsets and accessories. The company provides …
- Location Little Rock, Arkansas
- Categories Public Relations
- Website http://www.alltel.com
- Full profile for Alltel