The Flip Mino is officially available today. It’s the smaller, more pocketable successor to the popular and easy-to-use Flip series of digital camcorders.
With a built in rechargeable lithium ion battery (charges via USB) and 2GB of memory, the Mino should make a good choice for people who want to keep a video camera on hand for quick uploads to YouTube, MySpace, and AOL Video. The Flip series of camcorders is perhaps most well known for ease of use and software that directly uploads to popular video sharing sites.
I’m supposed to be getting one delivered here today, so I’ll check in later with some photos and video samples. In the meantime, hit the jump for more details and specs.
· Weight: 3.3 oz.
· One-touch recording with 2x digital zoom
· Touch-sensitive buttons for instant recording, playback, fast-forward, rewind, pause and delete
· Built-in software compatible with PC or Mac:
o Instant upload to MySpace, YouTube, and AOL Video
o One-click emailing of videos and video greeting cards
o Custom editing of movie mixes, with the option to set them to your own music
o Capture of still photos from video
o Order DVDs online and have them shipped anywhere in the world
· TV connection for instant viewing (cable included)
· Tripod mount
· Available accessories (sold separately): AC power adapter, tripod, action mount, and pouch
· At retailers nationwide including: Amazon.com, Bestbuy.com, Circuit City, Sears, Walmart.com, and TheFlip.com
· Available in black or white; suggested retail price: $179.99